- Technology : Derma Roller
- Locate US:
Work the Harmony XL Magic on Various Skin Conditions Alma Laser’s Harmony XL module is a latest in laser technology to be used fro getting rid of the lasting ill effects of several skin conditions, namely psoriasis, leukoderma and dermatitis.
It has proven to be extremely effective in getting rid of unsightly stretch marks, vitiligo and hypopigmented scars that could be left over’s of atopic dermatitis (eczema) and seborrheic dermatitis.
Harmony XL and the Various Skin Problems The skin condition that leads to discolorations or white skin patches is known as vitiligo. Almost 1 percent of the population is known to have vitiligo at some or the other stage in their lives. People suffering from other ailments such as hyperthyroidism, etc. are at greater risk of getting vitiligo. The basic reason behind this ailment is the destruction of pigment cells that restrict the production of the pigment inducing substance melanin, in the skin. While vitiligo can strike just about anywhere, it is more common to see it on areas of skin that are exposed to the sun, such as the face and neck. One can then understand why one would want to treat this disorder quickly and restore one’s natural beauty. Harmony XL laser treatments can help cure vitiligo problems.
Psoriasis is actually a very common skin disease that leaves the skin with raised red spots and a scaly texture. Patches of plague psoriases are not only very visibly unsightly but they are also highly contagious. Almost 2 percent of the worldwide population falls prey to psoriasis. Even after the bout of skin infection has left you, you may be plagued with remnant marks and scales as psoriasis is a chronic or lifelong illness that never really leaves you. These can be tackled with laser treatments such as the one provided by Alma laser’s Harmony XL. Stretch Marks Stretch marks, as the name suggests are marks that are left behind by the unusually fast loosening of tightly stretched skin. Stretch marks can thus be left behind by very sudden weight loss (if you have reduces quite a lot of inches) or even post pregnancy after you have delivered your child. Stretch marks in the stomach/waist area and stretch marks on the thighs and hips are fairly common, both of which are a painful reminder of the weight you have now left behind. Harmony XL laser treatments can help reduce or even completely erase your ugly stretch marks, leaving you free of past evidences.
How It Works?
The Harmony XL laser technology uses a high-powered UV handpiece that utilizes spectral light rays with high powers in UVA wavelengths to treat targeted areas that are plagued with psoriasis, vitiligo, hypopigmentation or stretch marks. Eczema or atopic dermatitis and seborrheic dermatitis scars can also be treated with the Harmony XL laser rays. One of the USPs of Harmony XL is that it treats skin infections and gets rid of scars without the use of drugs or any kind of harm to healthy skin tissues. The treatment is very fast, much faster than PUVA or UVB phototherapy treatments. The treatment is usually fast and targets large areas of skin because the Harmony XL hand-piece enables its use over large spot sizes of about 6.4 cm2, which enables really rapid treatments. Additionally, the ergonomically designed hand-piece makes the equipment really easy to use. With Harmony XL’s laser skin treatments there is no downtime or recovery time. The treatment is completely safe and yields very visible and tangible results. In fact, the Harmony XL skin treatment is the most advanced light based technology for these kinds of skin treatments. As the UVB hand-piece of the Harmony XL utilizes short pulses of 295 – 350 nm light, the treatment is known to give good results with minimal side effects and hardly any skin, tissue or dermal damage. Even with exposure of healthy skin to the treatment the risk of injury or scarring to surrounding healthy areas is minimal as the light rays penetrate and target only the affected areas under treatment. As the treatment is highly targeted, it also reduces the treatment time.
Recap of Harmony XL Advantages
- Really fast treatments
- Treatments for a variety of skin problems
- Visible and tangible results
- Effective even on chronic illnesses
- No need of topical creams or balms, no consumables
- Less number of sessions required
- Non surgical and virtually pain free
- No downtime required for recovery
You face and indeed your skin is a very important aspect of your over all appearance. It is thus but natural that you will wish to be armed with all possible information that you can get your hands on before you choose the right treatment for you. Considering this, we have made this FAQ list for you, just to answer all you basic queries for you.
How Do I Know if I am a Good Harmony XL Candidate?
There is no such thing as a good Harmony XL candidate because everyone can go for this treatment irrespective of his or her skin type, skin color and even age. If you are someone who has visible signs of ageing, you are the perfect candidate for this treatment as it gives visible and dramatic results. The best candidates for this treatment are people who are in general good health, have good habits and normally take good care of their skin.
Does this Harmony XL Rejuvenation Treatment Work on All Skin Types?
You can go through with this treatment irrespective of your skin type and skin color and still see the same dramatic improvements in your skin. Though Harmony XL skin rejuvenation treatments can be performed on all skin types, it is always a good idea to consult your personal doctor first in case you have any underlying skin conditions that might interfere with or hamper the treatment.
How Long Does One Treatment Session Typically Take?
Usually, a typical treatment session will only take about 30 minutes of your time, but if your condition is advanced, your session can indeed last longer. As your exact treatment session time depends on the severity of your individual condition, the doctor who will be handling your treatment can give you the best estimate of the required session time.
Is the Harmony XL Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Safe?
One cannot stress the fact enough that Harmony XL treatments are 100 percent safe. Minor skin irritations post treatment such as flushed, red skin is a completely normal and short-lived phenomenon that is part of the healing process. This effective treatment requires you to follow all the post-treatment instructions such as limiting your sun exposure etc. so as to not cause any difficulties or problems.
I Have a Very Low Pain Threshold so Does this Treatment Hurt?
The intensity of the pain caused by this treatment is a hurt that varies from person to person. Usually, most people liken the pain to being like sunburn and most people manage bearing it just fine. But if you have a low pain threshold, your doctor may prescribe you with some over-the-counter painkillers to make you more comfortable during and after the treatment.
Will I Need Frequent Touch Ups?
It is very important to remember that while Harmony XL reverses any signs of ageing that are already visible on your skin, it does not completely halt the ageing process. As you continue to age even after the treatment, you may indeed need more treatments in the future. How long your results from the previous treatment will last depends on how well you take care of your skin post the treatment and also your lifestyle patterns. For a lot of patients, a touch up treatment after 6 to 12 months helps maintain the healthy glow on skin, irrespective of whether you choose the same treatment or another light-based skin rejuvenation technology.
How Much Does the Treatment Cost?
Unfortunately, no one can predict your total Harmony XL cost for you unless you schedule a consultation and visit a doctor. Harmony XL treatment costs vary depending on how many sessions you require and this in turn depends on your treatment area and skin condition. A doctor can give you a quotation after judging your skin condition and the likely time it will take to get rid of all your skin troubles. If you still have any questions or are still in need of some reinforcing information, you can look at the rave reviews that this treatment has received from some people who have actually gone through with it.
- Cancer; in particularly, skin cancer
- Pregnancy (including IVF)
- Use of photosensitive medication and herbs for which 300 to 2940nm light exposure is contra-indicated
- Diseases which may be stimulated by light at 300 to 2940nm
- Prolonged exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the 3 to 4 weeks prior to treatment and post treatment
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- Active infection of herpes simplex in the treatment area
- Fragile and dry skin
- Hormonal disorders (that are stimulated under pulsed light)
- Use of anticoagulants
Adverse Effects of Treatment
- The use of the Harmony system is similar to the use of other light based technologies, including AFT pulsed light, UV or Nd:YAG, Er:YAG lasers.
- Historically, traditional systems have demonstrated the ability to cause a certain degree of controlled and uncontrolled tissue damage (and on rare occasions, severe bleeding). In addition, there are the following risks:
- Severe or prolonged erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) within 2-24 hours of treatment that could last for several weeks.
- Irritation, itching, a mild burning sensation or pain (similar to sunburn) may occur within 48 hours of treatment at the application site.
- Blisters, epidermal erosions, or peri-lesional hyperpigmentation may develop and remain evident for several days to several weeks following treatment.
- Chronic exposure to intense UV light (i.e. intense sunlight) can cause premature aging of the skin and may provide the precursors for skin cancer. UV treatment modalities have been used in dermatological practice for years and their safety profiles are well documented.
- Eye damage from reflected or prolonged unprotected exposure to pulsed light or laser light. Protective goggles (appropriate to the wavelength) must be worn during all treatments to prevent eye injury.
- It is important to observe tissue reaction during treatment. Poor patient screening and excessive optical energy may cause thermal damage and cause unwanted adverse effects.
Potential Side Effects of Treatment
- Discomfort – When a light/laser pulse is triggered, some patients experience various degrees of discomfort. Some patients describe the sensation as stinging, while others liken it to a rubber band snap or a burning sensation that may last for up to one hour after treatment. Most patients tolerate the sensation during treatment, but some patients may require a topical anesthetic.
- Damage to Natural Skin Texture – In some cases, a crust or blister may form. Normal wound care should be followed.
- Change of Pigmentation – There may be a change of pigmentation in the treated area. Most cases of hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation occur in people with skin types IV to VI, or when the treated area has been exposed to sunlight within 3 weeks before or after treatment. In some patients, hyper-pigmentation occurs despite protection from the sun. This discoloration usually fades in three to six months, but in rare cases, (mainly hypo-pigmentation) the change of pigment may be permanent.
- Scarring – There is a chance of scarring; such as, enlarged hypertrophic or keloid scars. To reduce the chance of scarring, it is important to carefully follow all pre- and post-treatment instructions.
- Excessive Swelling – Immediately after treatment, especially on the nose and cheeks, the skin may swell temporarily. Swelling usually subsides within hours, but may continue for up to seven days.
- Fragile Skin – The skin at or near the treatment site may become fragile. If this happens makeup should be avoided, and the area should not be rubbed (as this might tear the skin).
- Bruising – Purpura, or bruising, may appear on the treated area which may last from a few hours to several days.
- Before doing any treatment please consult your doctor to confirm if the treatment is the right one for you