Ultrasound weight loss, fat reduction & removal by Liposonix
Ultrasound weight reduction
This procedure is not for everyone. However, if you are close to achieving an ideal size but have that stubborn, unwanted fat around the waistline which you just cannot get rid of with exercise and diet, then Liposonix can be the right procedure for you. Consulting a physician is the best way of knowing whether the procedure is right for you. Furthermore, there are also some general factors that can help you decide if you are the right candidate.
Candidates for Liposonix should:
Have good overall health.
- Be able to pinch at least an inch (2.5 cm) of fat in the treatment area.
- Possess a body mass index equal to or less than 30.
- Have realistic expectations from the results.
From the results of a completed survey, 91.3% of the patient’s who underwent Liposonix responded that the flatness of their stomach had improved after only one treatment. On an average, a one hour treatment resulted in a one inch reduction of the waistline. Results can be noticed in eight to twelve weeks, which is the time taken by the body to get rid of the destroyed fat tissue through the natural process.
How the Liposonix Treatment compares with other procedures?
See how Liposonix stacks up against other alternatives for weight loss.
- Liposonix: It is a one-hour one-session treatment, which is an effective complement to a fitness regimen.
- Surgical Liposuction: This is a high cost, invasive treatment which requires extensive downtime. With this procedure, Liposonix is not an alternative.
- Healthy Diet and Exercise: This is the best option for long-term weight loss and helps you achieve a trim and lean body. Along with a healthy diet and exercise regime, the Liposonix procedure can be an effective complement to get rid of those stubborn inches around the waist.
How It Works
- Where does the fat go? This is a common question asked by many patients. Well, understanding the science behind Liposonix and how the fat is metabolized in the body would help you understand exactly how the Liposonix procedure works in the body to get rid of the fat and help you achieve the perfect shape.
- First, the head of the Liposonix system is positioned on the area that needs to be treated.
- Following this, ultrasound energy of high-intensity focuses on the targeted fat and permanently destroys the fat cells under the surface layers of the skin.
- Next, a continuous lesion is created in the targeted fat without harming the skin layer.
- The treated fat tissue is then removed from the body through the natural healing process of the body. This leaves the patient with a much thinner and contoured waistline.
Liposonix results are usually visible in eight to twelve weeks as this is the time needed for the body to remove the treated fat.
Liposonix treatment is not surgery or liposuction. It is not a replacement for exercise and a healthy lifestyle, and is not a way to lose weight. However, it is a quick and easy way to help you slim that last inch.
Here’s why Liposonix is different as well as more effective:
Higher Energy and Higher Frequency: AS compared to other ultrasound body contouring treatments, Liposonix treatment makes use of higher energy and frequency for custom contouring in order to generate a controlled thermal effect, which destroys the targeted fat in the treated area.
Focused and Penetrating: Other low-energy fat reduction procedures have less penetration into the targeted fat as the energy in these systems is reflected and absorbed by the skin. The high-intensity ultrasound energy in the Liposonix treatment penetrates the layers of the skin, into the targeted fat with no harm caused to the skin or the surrounding tissues.
What is Liposonix?
The Liposonix treatment makes use of non-invasive, high-intensity ultrasound energy in order to get rid of the fat around the waistline without surgery. The results can be noticed in eight to twelve weeks.
How does this treatment work?
The high-intensity ultrasound energy is used on the targeted fat. The skin is not damaged as the ultrasound energy permanently destroys the targeted fat under the skin. The destroyed fat is naturally removed from the body, which leaves you with a slim and more contoured waistline.
How is Liposonix different from other fat reduction treatments?
Unlike other fat reduction procedures which often need multiple treatments to see results, Liposonix treatment can reduce the waistline by 1 inch (2.5 cm) with a single treatment that lasts for one hour.
How long does the treatment take?
Liposonix treatment is completed in about one hour. The healthcare professional will give you a better estimate after evaluation.
How will the doctor know if Liposonix treatment is right for me?
The doctor will decide whether Liposonix treatment is right for you or not based upon an evaluation of various factors which include your overall health and the amount of fat that needs to be treated.
How much does the Liposonix treatment cost?
The Liposonix treatment procedure is personalized to specific needs, hence the costs will vary. Generally, the cost is similar to the costs of other non-invasive treatments and it is way cheaper than liposuction surgery. Ask the healthcare professional to give you an estimated cost depending on your needs.
What can Liposonix do for you?
In case you are close to gaining an ideal shape, but require a little help to get there, Liposonix can help you achieve it. Liposonix is a non-invasive procedure which makes use of high-intensity ultrasound energy to permanently remove the fat around the waist without surgery. On an average, the waistline reduction after only a single one-hour treatment session is one inch or 2.5 cm.
- Systemic high blood pressure (systolic pressure >140mm/Hg and diastolic pressure > 95mmHg)
- Pregnancy or IVF procedure
- Skin conditions / irritated skin
- Phlebitis and blood-clotting
- Hormonal therapy existing or history of any skin malignancy
- Active collagen or vascular disease
- Recent (less than 6 months) use of Isotretinoin (Accutane)
- Implantable pacemaker or automatic defibrillator/ cardioverter (AICD)
- Large dental metallic prosthetic implants
- Multi systemic diseases (diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, renal insufficiency etc.)
Adverse Effects of TreatmentThe use of the Liposonix system may cause:
- Alcohol consumption
- Contraception – birth control pills
- Recent surgical procedures
- On-going medications
- Heating sensation or pain – patient may experience a heating sensation during or just following the treatment, however, such pain is expected to be mild and to resolve within few minutes.
- Erythema – may be present in the treated area and will likely disappear after 24 hours.
- Burns – might occur if the operator does not follow instructions, i.e. energy too high or staying too long with the module on the same spot. If such a burn occurs, it should be treated conventionally.
- Dry skin – may occur at the first 12 hours post-treatment. Usually it will resolve spontaneously within 48 hours. Lubrication with moisturizing cream can be helpful.
- Before doing any treatment please consult your doctor to confirm if the treatment is the right one for you
Treatments you might be interested as well
With an increase in the demand for non-invasive treatments for body contouring, a variety of new technologies are becoming available for patients to choose from. Procedures such as abdominoplasty, laser liposuction and tummy tucks are very popular procedures for fat removal. However, Liposonix is one treatment which is on the forefront of non-invasive treatments in the United States.
The LipoSonixtreatment is a non–invasive procedure which makes use of HIFU or high intensity focused ultrasound in order to destroy the fat and fat cells situated deep beneath the skin. The high intensity ultrasound focuses powerful ultrasound energy on one point, deep below the skin. The ultrasound energy penetrates the fatty tissue deep under the skin and destroys it. As a result of this, the fat cells are destroyed and fat is melted. Following this, the body gets rid of the dead cells and liquid fat, over a period of 8 to 12 weeks.
LipoSonixreduces the volume of fat by causing fat burn with high-intensity ultrasound energy in the problem-area, without causing any harm to the surrounding skin, tissue and organs. After the fat cells have been broken down, the body’s debris-collection system and macrophages, engulfs the damaged adipose cells. After the fat is disposed, patients start to notice a decrease in local fat volume.
The LipoSonix procedure is different from other procedures for fat removal and cellulite reduction because it is a non-invasive treatment and requires no downtime. LipoSonix procedure helps to get rid of the fat around the waistline (stomach and love handles) without surgery. The results from the treatment are typically seen in 8-12 weeks.
Unlike some of the other fat reduction treatments that require multiple treatment sessions to achieve results, the LipoSonix treatment, can help reduce the waistline by 2.5 cm (equivalent to one pant or dress size) with just a single 1-hour treatment. LipoSonix is usually intended for treating the abdomen, love handles, back, thighs, bra line fat, hips, buttocks and other problem areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.
Liposonix is relatively painless as compared to liposuction or other procedures for fat removal, but sometimes patients feel cold, heat, tingling and slight discomfort. Liposonix does not require any recovery time after treatment and patients can resume routine activities soon after treatment. Temporary side effects from the treatment include mild bruising, redness, tenderness and minor swelling. The results from the treatment are permanent when combined with a healthy diet and exercise routine. Since LipoSonix does not cause any scarring, it can be repeated if it is ever needed in the future.
Read related articles:
“Good treatment with excellent customer service!”