When you are trying to look your best, there could be nothing more frustrating than those stubborn last inches you are trying to loose, particularly around your waistline. The Liposonix custom contouring procedure targets and eliminates the fat in your abdomen and around the waist to help slim your waistline and provide noticeable results.
What is Liposonix?
Liposonix is a safe non-invasive and non-surgical procedure. It is a revolutionary ultrasound thermal procedure that eliminates targeted fat. It is an ideal treatment for people who want to achieve a perfect shape and need help because dieting and exercise just doesn’t work for them.
Liposonix is a revolutionary treatment for people who are close to an ideal shape, but have trouble getting rid of those stubborn areas of fat that won’t go away irrespective of how much they diet or exercise. Sometimes, you just require a little help in order to achieve a perfect shape and here is where Liposonix proves beneficial.
LIPOSONIX is a new age body contouring system that uses high intensity ultrasound waves to achieve amazing body sculpting results. Ultrasound waves are used by LIPOSONIX to cause disruptions of a permanent nature, in other words ablation of the subcutaneous adipose tissues in the abdominal region. Though the waves penetrate deep in the anterior regions of the abdomen, they do not damage the epidermis or the dermis, nor do they cause any harm to the tissues or organs that lie within.
The LIPOSONIX treatment is delivered by an ultrasound transducer, which is custom-designed to pass even and low intensity energy onto normal skin and focused high energy on the targeted treatment areas. This high intensity energy on the focused subcutaneous adipose tissue causes its thermal coagulation. The macrophage cells, basically the large-sized while blood cells, then flock this treated area and aid in the transportation of the damaged lipids and tissues to the liver, through the body’s lymphatic system. These damaged tissues and lipids are processed naturally by the body as they pass through the body’s natural biochemical pathways. When these damaged tissues get re-absorbed by the body within a few weeks period, the aesthetic body contouring results become visible.
Clinical trials for abdominal body contouring with LIPOSONIX technology has shown the effectiveness of such non-invasive treatments, with:
- Minimal downtime or recovery time for the patients
- Just one treatment session of approximately an hour
- Dramatic results that can see a waistline circumference reduction of several centimeters
Clinical studies of 1-hour treatment duration of single LIPOSONIX treatments show dramatic results of an average of 2.8 cm waistline circumference reduction. These results are usually seen between 8 to 12 weeks after the treatment and while the intensity of the results varies from person to person, the success of the treatment has been established.
A team of leading engineers, physicians and ultrasound experts took 9 years to develop the LIPOSONIX technology. Medicis has several pending as well as passed patents in the U.S as well as other countries on the licensed LIPOSONIX technology and system. This system complies with all the directives given in the European Union (EU) Electromagnetic Compatibility Directives and the EU Low Voltage Directive. The system is also CE marked, in accordance with the laws if the member states of the EU.
Though the name suggests it, the LIPOSONIX treatment is not a replacement treatment to be undertaken instead of liposuction treatments. It is actually targeted as a treatment alternative, as a non-invasive body contouring procedure that appeals to larger audiences. Statistics suggest that liposuction still ranks as the number 1 surgical procedure for men and women in Canada.
The LIPOSONIX system was launched in the UK and Europe in 2008. Several upgrades and updates have been made on the system since then, to make it faster and give better results.
Important Safety Information Related to LIPOSONIX System Model I
- The LIPOSONIX treatment should not be undertaken by patients that have any coagulation disorders or by those who are undergoing some form of anti-coagulant treatment.
- Patients with electrical implants should not undergo this treatment.
- This treatment is not meant to be used on patients that have BMIs (Body Mass Index) higher than 30, especially if the treatment area has less than 1 cm of adipose tissue below the focal length of the applicator. The treatment should not be given on areas that have previously been lipolysis injected, have had abdominoplasty, liposuction or other surgical procedures done on them. If you have hernia or have had some implanted material, you should not undergo this treatment on that area. You should also not do it if you have sensory loss or dysesthesia.
- If a patient has cancer or systemic disease, he or she should not undergo this treatment. If you are taking prescription drugs for any chronic conditions or if you are pregnant or lactating, avoid undergoing this treatment.
- During the LIPOSONIX treatment, a patient may experience prickling, discomfort, pain, tingling along with warmth or cold. These are all temporary and so are some of the past-treatment side effects, such as edema, ecchymosis and temporary erythema.
Available Treatments with this Technology
How the Liposonix Treatment compares with other procedures? See how Liposonix stacks up against other alternatives for weight loss. Liposonix: It is a one-hour one-session...