Skin rejuvenation for wrinkles, enlarged pores, acne & facelift
Conventional lasers used for laser resurfacing, function by way of burning the skin’s surface layer. Therefore, in order to see visible results the treatment needs to be repeated at a lower strength, over several sessions.
The Intracel treatment is a new edge skin resurfacing technology which delivers heat energy under the skin’s surface. By passing through the top most layer of the skin, Intracel treatment is able to negate the two most challenging hurdles of Fractional anti-ageing treatments, discomfort and downtime.
Intracel fractional resurfacing microneedles direct radiofrequency energy just under the skin, thus providing an effective and comfortable, treatment with minimum downtime.
INTRAcel inserts approximately 50 extra-fine insulation needles at one time and delivers high-frequency current into the objective layer of skin. It treats wrinkles, pimple trace, sagging in the depths from the middle class of the corium. Since it inserts an insulation pinpoint into this layer, it can drain a high-frequency current. This high-frequency current spreads in the depths through the middle class of the corium and regenerates collagen of the corium and improves skin tightening, wrinkles and sagging. Furthermore, it prevents uunnecessary damage to the skin and reduces treatment time and postoperative downtime.
As for the fractional lasers like Fraxel, a greater amount of energy is applied to the surface of the skin. However, the damage to the surface (the layer where the corium is slight from the epidermis) of the skin grows larger to make enough energy reach the objective layer.
Micro-needling generates the columns for healing within the skin and stimulates the growth factor to be able to derive the mechanism of natural recovery and its effectiveness is similar to peeling, however, the damage caused on the epidermis is minimized. Therefore, the treatment is as safe as a non-ablative treatment and causes minimal pain.
The direct radio frequency emission on the target tissue by the Fractional RF thermolysis (the thermal damage caused by sengmented radiofrequency emission) selectively degenerates the collagen fiber from the superficial dermis to the muscle band. Instantly making the collagen fiber shrink, and then reconstruct new collagen by the stimulation of fibroblast.
How It Works
- Fractional Radiofrequency Microneedling generates selective heating in the deeper dermis while leaving the columns of tissues in between, undamaged. While it delivers energy deep into the dermis and doesn’t heat up the epidermis, a greater level of energy can be delivered into the targeted area at the point of insertion of microneedles, avoiding damage such as hyper-pigmentation or burning to the epidermis. This causes shortening as well as tightening of the collagen fibres, in addition to the reconstruction of new collagen by stimulation of fibroblasts.
- The INTRAcel procedure is different from laser treatment as the electroenergy get converted into thermal energy. The needles used in the treatment are insulated, except for 0.3mm at the needles end from where the radiofrequency energy is emmited. The energy is transfered from the needle point in order to cause coagulation as well as denaturalization of the surrounding dermis. The radiofrequency energy is only released in the dermis, while eliminating any heat which is delivered into the epidermis. The radiofrequency energy from the INTRAcel can denature cells, while destroying the causes for acne, acne bacteria as well as the sebaceous glands.
Effective delivery of suitable ingredients through the expansion of intercellular route:
The light energy transforms into thermal energy when light reaches the surface of the skin. This thermal energy expands and spread its area from the irradiation spot to the surrounding circle. Consequently, the heated cells deliver thermal energy and damage the other cells that are around the spot. The thermal energy reduces as it moves further away from the irradiation point. For this reason, the purse duration must be longer or irradiation must be strong with short pulse duration in order to reach the deeper dermis.
The laser creates an inverted triangle formation of thermal denaturalization. The damage on the dermis becomes bigger if the laser emits energy for a longer period of time. In addition to this, irradiating potent, high energy for a short period of time will cause burn and pain on the epidermis, before enough thermal energy is transferred to the area targeted. In conclusion, it is necessary to allow thermal damage on the epidermis in order to treat the deeper areas of the skin with the fractional laser.
The needle used in the INTRAcel treatment is insulated except for 0.3mm of the needles end, from where the radiofrequency is emitted. The INTRAcel treatment is different from the other laser treatments because the electro-energy transforms to thermal energy. The radiofrequency energy coming from the end of needle transfers energy from the point circle to nearby areas which causes coagulation as well as denaturalization. While the INTRAcel needles are inserted into the skin, the epidermis will get micro holes, but do not get any thermal damage while the radiofrequency energy is emitted. This minimizes the side effects and pigmentation.
Furthermore, the radiofrequency energy from the INTRAcel produces thermal energy, which is enough to denaturalize the cell as well as destroy the causes of acne, acne causing bacteria, and the sebaceous glands. Penetrating medicines like EGF, Flacenta, Hyaluronic acid, fullerene and copper-peptides would also be easier to go through the micro hole generated during the INTRAcel treatment.
How long does an INTRACel treatment session take?
The INTRACel treatment is performed under local anesthesia and takes only 10 to 15 minutes.
Is the procedure painful?
INTRACel treatment is performed under local anesthesia and a majority of patients experience just a mild discomfort, which is similar to fractional resurfacing.
Are there any aftercare instructions following an INTRAcel treatment?
Patients need to follow the post-care instructions advised by the physician, which include, cooling the treatment area using ice for 10 minutes, applying sunscreens and moisturizers, and avoiding alcohol for up to 3 days after the procedure.
How long must I wait in between treatments?
Patients will benefit from multiple treatments. The skin takes about four weeks to completely regenerate between treatments. As a result of this, for optimal healing, treatments must be spaced at least 30 days apart.
Can I use Botox or fillers during the same time while am being treated with INTRACel?
Well, as long as these are performed after the INTRAcel procedure, you can safely undergo both treatments in a single visit. In case you plan on undergoing an INTRACel treatment within 6 months of Botox or Filler procedures, it is recommended that you use a 0.5mm needle.
- Systemic high blood pressure (systolic pressure >140mm/Hg and diastolic pressure > 95mmHg)
- Pregnancy or IVF procedure
- Skin conditions / irritated skin
- Phlebitis and blood-clotting
- Hormonal therapy existing or history of any skin malignancy
- Active collagen or vascular disease
- Recent (less than 6 months) use of Isotretinoin (Accutane)
- Implantable pacemaker or automatic defibrillator/ cardioverter (AICD)
- Large dental metallic prosthetic implants
- Multi systemic diseases (diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, renal insufficiency etc.)
- Alcohol consumption
- Contraception – birth control pills
- Recent surgical procedures
- On-going medications
- Adverse Effects of Treatment
The use of the Intracel system may cause:
- Heating sensation or pain – patient may experience a heating sensation during or just following the treatment, however, such pain is expected to be mild and to resolve within few minutes.
- Erythema – may be present in the treated area and will likely disappear after 24 hours.
- Burns – might occur if the operator does not follow instructions, i.e. energy too high or staying too long with the module on the same spot. If such a burn occurs, it should be treated conventionally.
- Dry skin – may occur at the first 12 hours post-treatment. Usually it will resolve spontaneously within 48 hours. Lubrication with moisturizing cream can be helpful.
- Before doing any treatment please consult your doctor to confirm if the treatment is the right one for you
Treatments you might be interested as well
Intracel is a pioneering skin treatment technique that makes use of unique insulated Fractional radiofrequency micro-needles in order to treat the targeted areas of skin through powerful penetration without harming the epidermis. It is specifically used for the treatment of acne and for improving scarring caused due to acne. Intracel is also used for skin tightening, facelift, treatment of wrinkles, visible stretch marks caused after pregnancy, enlarged pores and telangiectasia in facial rejuvenation.
Collagen, the protein that constitutes the core structural component of the dermis or lower layer of skin, is very essential for skin elasticity. By transforming the electro-energy into thermal energy, the micro-needles heat the deeper dermis and leave the tissues unaffected. Thus allowing the collagen fibers to tighten up and reconstruct, by stimulating fibroblasts. As a result of this, the damaged cells are denatured, the acne bacteria are destroyed and other causes for acne are also eliminated. With ageing skin, the body tissues become weak because of changes in cellular protein and gradual loss of collagen therefore, stimulating the production of collagen by targeting these cells has shown a reduction in wrinkles as well as an improvement in skin texture.
Intraceltreatment is different from other laser and non surgical treatments. In this treatment, the electro energy is transformed into thermal energy, which is transferred from the needlepoint in order to cause coagulation as well as denaturalization of the surrounding dermis.
Prior to the procedure, the doctor will apply a topical or local anesthetic on the treatment area in order to make the treatment more comfortable. Following this, the device is applied on the surface of the skin, releasing the needles to deliver short bursts of radiofrequency energy, while moving it across the treatment area. The fractional radiofrequency micro-needling generates selective heating in the deeper dermis and leaves the columns of tissue in between, undamaged. As it delivers energy deeper into the dermis, greater levels of energy can be delivered into the target area at the point of insertion without causing damage like hyper-pigmentation or burning to the epidermis.
The treatment time required is only 10 to 15 minutes and patients need approximately 1 to 3 treatment sessions spaced at 35 to 45 days apart. Following treatment, patients may experience some redness and swelling, but these side effects are generally mild and fade away soon.
Following Intracel treatment, aftercare plays a vital role in reducing recovery time. Aftercare involves, keeping the treatment area clean after the initial treatment session, covering the treatment area using a cool towel and a moist mask for 10-15 minutes. Use sunscreen in order to avoid pigmentation caused due to sun exposure and a non-chemical cream with an SPF of 10-30.
People who have any skin infections or diseases excluding acne, any bleeding disorders, or skin malignancy, patients on anticoagulants and pregnant women should not consider using Intracel treatment for skin rejuvenation.