Laser treatment for skin wrinkles, acne scars and age spots
- Megan Wood:
- Aging and years of sun damage had really taken a toll on my skin. The skin on my face felt dry, dull and old. The wrinkles on my cheeks and around the eyes were really beginning to look unpleasant...read more
- I just finished my 1st laser treatment session for acne scars. As a matter of fact, I did a lot of research on laser treatment for scars before deciding to go in for treatment. Following the...read more
Acne scars treatment
Harmony XL, The Laser Solution for Your Wrinkles and Acne Scars
Cosmetic solutions are hardly ever complete without people trying to reverse their ageing and turn back the clock by trying to get rid of the age-revealing wrinkles. The case is quite similar to unsightly acne spots that mar the beauty of the otherwise beautiful facial features. It is a popular aspiration around the world to have smooth and youthful, wrinkle free skin that is glowing free of any spots and acne scars. Well, the Harmony XL’s laser skin treatments can give you all that and so much more. From the Harmony XL family of Alma Lasers, the 1320 Nd: YAG hand piece is used for treating these common aesthetic imperfections. It works wonders in smoothening out your fine lines and wrinkles and it also helps get rid of mild to moderate acne scars.
About the 1320 Nd: YAG Laser Treatment
The best part about using The Harmony XL’s laser treatment for wrinkles and scars is that need not ever spend on any miracle creams and lotions or over the counter medications that promise you miraculous results within days or weeks. Despite letting yourself age gracefully, you can choose to turn back the clock whenever you feel like it and be assured of reliable, long lasting and visible results. As ageing, sun exposure, lifestyle factors such as nutrition, smoking habits and alcohol dependence, and even heredity may play important parts in causing facial wrinkling and acne bouts that result in uneven and scarred skin, you may still have to look out for them and control all the factors that you possibly can. Still, all of these problems as well as numerous other ones can be improved with the use of the 1320 Nd: YAG hand piece in a skin improvement laser surgery.
How It Works
- This laser treatment was built after completely understanding the concept of wrinkles and why they appear. Collagen fibre weakness inside the cutis and subcutis is often responsible for wrinkles and fine lines. When the collagen loses its elasticity and gets thinner, any external tension on it results in wrinkles. Lack of moisture causes the collagen to lose its regenerative power. Understanding this background has helped this latest technical, pulsed light equipment of the Harmony XL family to correct all these problems without any other tissue or skin damage. The treatment uses optimal parameters of pulse time, wavelength, fluence and technique, depending on the thickness of the skin under treatment and the gravity of the problems.
- The 1320 Nd: YAG hand piece has a pre-programmed pulse width and a predetermined repetition rate. 1320 nm wavelength of light that is used by this machine achieves deep skin penetration and singularly targets the water filled tissue by raising the dermal temperature in a controlled manner. The treatment can be used with or without external cooling and the treatment can be done with or without applying pressure. Not only do these parameters depends on how deep rooted the patient’s skin problem is, but they also depend on the patient’s expectation from the treatment.
Advantages of Harmony XL’s Wrinkle and Acne Scar Removal Laser Treatment
Visible and improved results
Lightweight equipment that ensures accuracy
Ergonomic design helps access just about any possible treatment area
Interchangeable modules help swap between treatments helping patients to go for combination treatments for two or more problems in one session itself.
Effective and longer-lasting treatment results, especially on fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars and age spots
Non ablative and non surgical treatment
Treatment requires no down time and is virtually pain free
No side effects or lateral damage to healthy skin cells and tissues
You face and indeed your skin is a very important aspect of your over all appearance. It is thus but natural that you will wish to be armed with all possible information that you can get your hands on before you choose the right treatment for you. Considering this, we have made this FAQ list for you, just to answer all you basic queries for you.
How Do I Know if I am a Good Harmony XL Candidate?
There is no such thing as a good Harmony XL candidate because everyone can go for this treatment irrespective of his or her skin type, skin color and even age. If you are someone who has visible signs of ageing, you are the perfect candidate for this treatment as it gives visible and dramatic results. The best candidates for this treatment are people who are in general good health, have good habits and normally take good care of their skin.
Does this Harmony XL Rejuvenation Treatment Work on All Skin Types?
You can go through with this treatment irrespective of your skin type and skin color and still see the same dramatic improvements in your skin. Though Harmony XL skin rejuvenation treatments can be performed on all skin types, it is always a good idea to consult your personal doctor first in case you have any underlying skin conditions that might interfere with or hamper the treatment.
How Long Does One Treatment Session Typically Take?
Usually, a typical treatment session will only take about 30 minutes of your time, but if your condition is advanced, your session can indeed last longer. As your exact treatment session time depends on the severity of your individual condition, the doctor who will be handling your treatment can give you the best estimate of the required session time.
Is the Harmony XL Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Safe?
One cannot stress the fact enough that Harmony XL treatments are 100 percent safe. Minor skin irritations post treatment such as flushed, red skin is a completely normal and short-lived phenomenon that is part of the healing process. This effective treatment requires you to follow all the post-treatment instructions such as limiting your sun exposure etc. so as to not cause any difficulties or problems.
I Have a Very Low Pain Threshold so Does this Treatment Hurt?
The intensity of the pain caused by this treatment is a hurt that varies from person to person. Usually, most people liken the pain to being like sunburn and most people manage bearing it just fine. But if you have a low pain threshold, your doctor may prescribe you with some over-the-counter painkillers to make you more comfortable during and after the treatment.
Will I Need Frequent Touch Ups?
It is very important to remember that while Harmony XL reverses any signs of ageing that are already visible on your skin, it does not completely halt the ageing process. As you continue to age even after the treatment, you may indeed need more treatments in the future. How long your results from the previous treatment will last depends on how well you take care of your skin post the treatment and also your lifestyle patterns. For a lot of patients, a touch up treatment after 6 to 12 months helps maintain the healthy glow on skin, irrespective of whether you choose the same treatment or another light-based skin rejuvenation technology.
How Much Does the Treatment Cost?
Unfortunately, no one can predict your total Harmony XL cost for you unless you schedule a consultation and visit a doctor. Harmony XL treatment costs vary depending on how many sessions you require and this in turn depends on your treatment area and skin condition. A doctor can give you a quotation after judging your skin condition and the likely time it will take to get rid of all your skin troubles.
If you still have any questions or are still in need of some reinforcing information, you can look at the rave reviews that this treatment has received from some people who have actually gone through with it.
- Cancer; in particularly, skin cancer
- Pregnancy (including IVF)
- Use of photosensitive medication and herbs for which 300 to 2940nm light exposure is contra-indicated
- Diseases which may be stimulated by light at 300 to 2940nm
- Prolonged exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the 3 to 4 weeks prior to treatment and post treatment
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- Active infection of herpes simplex in the treatment area
- Diabetes (insulin dependent)
- Fragile and dry skin
- Hormonal disorders (that are stimulated under pulsed light)
- Use of anticoagulants
Adverse Effects of Treatment
The use of the Harmony system is similar to the use of other light based technologies, including AFT pulsed light, UV or Nd:YAG, Er:YAG lasers.
Historically, traditional systems have demonstrated the ability to cause a certain degree of controlled and uncontrolled tissue damage (and on rare occasions, severe bleeding). In addition, there are the following risks:
- Severe or prolonged erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) within 2-24 hours of treatment that could last for several weeks.
- Irritation, itching, a mild burning sensation or pain (similar to sunburn) may occur within 48 hours of treatment at the application site.
- Blisters, epidermal erosions, or peri-lesional hyperpigmentation may develop and remain evident for several days to several weeks following treatment.
- Chronic exposure to intense UV light (i.e. intense sunlight) can cause premature aging of the skin and may provide the precursors for skin cancer. UV treatment modalities have been used in dermatological practice for years and their safety profiles are well documented.
- Eye damage from reflected or prolonged unprotected exposure to pulsed light or laser light. Protective goggles (appropriate to the wavelength) must be worn during all treatments to prevent eye injury.
- It is important to observe tissue reaction during treatment. Poor patient screening and excessive optical energy may cause thermal damage and cause unwanted adverse effects.
Potential Side Effects of Treatment
- Discomfort – When a light/laser pulse is triggered, some patients experience various degrees of discomfort. Some patients describe the sensation as stinging, while others liken it to a rubber band snap or a burning sensation that may last for up to one hour after treatment. Most patients tolerate the sensation during treatment, but some patients may require a topical anesthetic.
- Damage to Natural Skin Texture – In some cases, a crust or blister may form. Normal wound care should be followed.
- Change of Pigmentation – There may be a change of pigmentation in the treated area. Most cases of hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation occur in people with skin types IV to VI, or when the treated area has been exposed to sunlight within 3 weeks before or after treatment. In some patients, hyper-pigmentation occurs despite protection from the sun. This discoloration usually fades in three to six months, but in rare cases, (mainly hypo-pigmentation) the change of pigment may be permanent.
- Scarring – There is a chance of scarring; such as, enlarged hypertrophic or keloid scars. To reduce the chance of scarring, it is important to carefully follow all pre- and post-treatment instructions.
- Excessive Swelling – Immediately after treatment, especially on the nose and cheeks, the skin may swell temporarily. Swelling usually subsides within hours, but may continue for up to seven days.
- Fragile Skin – The skin at or near the treatment site may become fragile. If this happens makeup should be avoided, and the area should not be rubbed (as this might tear the skin).
- Bruising – Purpura, or bruising, may appear on the treated area which may last from a few hours to several days.
- Before doing any treatment please consult your doctor to confirm if the treatment is the right one for you
- Treatments you might be interested as well
- What people say about Laser treatment for skin wrinkles, acne scars and age spots
- Megan Wood says:
Aging and years of sun damage had really taken a toll on my skin. The skin on my face felt dry, dull and old. The wrinkles on my cheeks and around the eyes were really beginning to look unpleasant and this was getting me frustrated. Desperate for help, I fixed up an appointment with the doctor, who explained the laser procedure to me. Although the word laser sounded a little scary at first, I still decided to go in for treatment. I am so pleased with what the procedure has offered. Not only have the wrinkles vanished, even the mild pigmentation on my face has reduced. My skin now feels and looks much smoother, and more radiant and youthful. I definitely recommend laser skin resurfacing.
- Amelia Oliver says:
I just finished my 1st laser treatment session for acne scars. As a matter of fact, I did a lot of research on laser treatment for scars before deciding to go in for treatment. Following the procedure, I thought there would be some bruising or swelling in my skin. However, this wasn’t the case and the skin on my face looked normal, except for some minor redness. The results so far are just fantastic and I expect to see even better results after finishing the other sessions. Laser treatment is the perfect treatment alternative for people looking to get rid of acne scars, without the complications or downtime involved in other surgical procedures. The procedure fits into any lifestyle and I positively recommend it.
- Megan Wood says:
Everybody wants to maintain a youthful appearance forever. One of the ways to ensure this is to have healthy skin. However, aging skin and exposure to environmental factors lead to various skin problems. Certain skin conditions like wrinkles on theforehead, age spots, fine lines under the eyes and acne scars are amongst the main culprits behind making you look older.
How to get rid of scarsand wrinkles? Well, this is a very common question that a lot of people have in mind. There are many creams, gels and ointments that claim to effectively remove wrinkles and acne scars. However, most of these products do not deliver as per their claims and leave you with nothing but a hole in the pocket. If you want a solution which actually provides effective results, laser treatment is the answer.
Over the years, laser treatment has achieved new heights in treating various skin conditions. Laser skin resurfacing is a relatively new procedure, but has proven to be very effective in treating wrinkles, sun-damaged skin, blemishes and acne scars. Acne scars and wrinkles can be either improved or completely removed depending upon how deep they are.
Laser procedure directs short and concentrated pulsating beams of light onto the irregular skin surfaces. Lasers like the Ultrapulse CO2 Laser are refined and precise. There is no thermal injury caused to the surrounding skin, which reduces the risk of scarring.
Laser skin resurfacing is a non ablative and non surgical procedure that provides visible and long lasting results. The procedure is virtually pain free and requires no downtime. It proves effective in treating wrinkles, age spots and acne scars without causing any side effects or damage to healthy tissues and skin cells.
Besides treating wrinkles and acne scars, you can also use laser treatment for acne treatment. Laser treatment for acne is a quick and effective way to get rid of acne. This treatment is the best way of dealing with acne problems that don’t respond to traditional acne remedies and over the counter medication for acne removal. It is best to consult a dermatologist to know which laser treatment is best for your condition.
- Sol Moree-
- “Good treatment with excellent customer service!”