- Technology : Diode
- Locate US:
When you through shutting yourself inside your bathroom for hours trying to shave away or wax away your bodily hairs, when you absolutely hate the time you give to such weekly or even daily routine and when you know it is now time to find a permanent solution to your unwanted hair problems, you turn to permanent hair removal treatments.
Diode trademarked ‘Pain free, hair free’ technology offers the perfect solutions to your problems. The Diode technology is a laser hair removal technology that gives you absolutely painless permanent hair removal. If you were always taught the saying ‘no pain no gain’ it is time to chuck it away as the Diode hair removal treatments give exactly the opposite. The Diode patented technology and its IN Motion technique offers the unique proposition of targeting any desired area in a safe and gentle manner. The treatment works by heating the hair follicles in the skin’s sub dermal layers using short pulses of laser energy. Despite the internal heating, you hardly feel the pinch because of an additional cooling mechanism that cools off the heated skin surfaces ensuring that you stay comfortable throughout the hair removal treatment. While most patients find that Diode ‘Pain free Hair free’ treatment is comfortable, as pain tolerance is subjective, you may find it to be marginally uncomfortable if you have a very low pain threshold. Most patients liken the treatment to experiencing the soothing effects of a hot stone massage. Most of the other conventional permanent hair removal solutions destroy hair follicles by using large energy bursts on the treatment area, but this Diode technology for hair removal is unique in the sense that it gives really quick delivery of low heat pulses. By doing this, not only is the pain much lesser but the risks of side effects are also kept at a minimum. Hence, unlike other horror stories that you may have heard, no numbing cream is necessary for this treatment and neither will you suffer any burns, scars or blisters post the treatment. The high speed of delivery also ensures that sessions are kept short with small treatment parts requiring just 5 to 15 minute sessions and larger body parts requiring anywhere between 20 and 30 minutes only.
|Upper Lips||₹ 2,500||₹ 4,250||₹ 7,000|
|Forehead||₹ 3,000||₹ 5,100||₹ 8,400|
|Eye Brow||₹ 2,000||₹ 3,400||₹ 5,600|
|Chin+Upper Lips||₹4,000||₹ 6,800||₹ 11,200|
|Side Burns||₹3,500||₹ 5,950||₹ 9,800|
|Full Face with Forehead||₹ 5,000||₹ 8,500||₹ 14,000|
|Full Face without Forehead||₹ 3,500||₹ 5,950||₹ 9,800|
|Both Under Arms||₹ 5,000||₹ 8,500||₹ 14,000|
|Front Tummy||₹ 3,500||₹ 5,950||₹ 9,800|
|Full Arms||₹ 7,500||₹ 12,750||₹21,000|
|Full Hand||₹ 12,000||₹20,400||₹33,600|
|Bikini Line||₹ 7,000||₹ 11,900||₹ 19,600|
|Leg Below Knees||₹ 7,000||₹ 11,900||₹ 19,600|
*Exact prices to be confirmed during your consultation.
Pain Free Hair Removal with Diode Laser’s Technology
Everyone who has to go through the pain of a shaving, plucking or depilating ritual every single day, in order to look and feel clean and hair free, is entitled to complain about it. Yet for those who truly wish to be rid of such a daily routine that comprises of shaving and plucking or those who wish to be rid of their monthly waxing sessions, these is another new way of life, a hair free way of life! Alma Laser’s Diode is the new permanent hair removal technology that leaves you both pain free as well as hair free. The Diode laser hair removal treatment is absolutely safe and effective and more importantly, it can be used on all skin types no matter what the type or color of your hair. This permanent hair removal treatment can also be used on tanned skin though you shouldn’t actively be tanning or indulging in any other hair removal methods such as waxing or plucking, at least 4 weeks prior to this laser treatment.
Laser Hair Removal and Permanent Hair Reduction with Diode:
Laser hair removal using Diode works on the principle of selective photothermolysis. The Diode hair removal handpiece is used to target a specific wavelength of light with specific and predetermined pulse duration that has an optimal effect on the targeted area with minimal damage to surrounding tissues. The Diode hair removal technology is a revolutionary breakthrough in permanent hair removal as it not only gives long-term hair removal, but it also give:
- Smooth skin
- Effective hair removal with no leftover strands
- Virtually pain less treatment
- Effective results on all skin types
- Successful results on all hair types and colors
- Works on tanned skin as well
- The ergonomic hand piece is extremely easy to use
- The device as well as the technology has scientific approval
- Very short treatment times; about 15 minutes for small patches and about 30 minutes on an average back.
How It Works?
The hair removal had piece of the Diode uses gold standard 810-nm diodes and combines this diode technology with its exclusive IN-motion technology. This combination ensures that height pulse energy penetrates deep into the dermis at a rapid 10 pulse per second repetition rate. This combination technology also ensures that there is no pain as the dermis is gently headed over the targeted area and an additional cooling mechanism is immediately put to use to ensure that the skin stays cool and comfortable even when the pulses of energy are gradually heating the hair follicles in the sub dermal layers of skin.
Though pain tolerance is subjective and some people may find some discomfort in this treatment, most people are happy to compare it with a relaxing hot stone massage. Contrary to other conventional laser hair removal treatments that use large amounts of heat to permanently destroy hair follicles to ensure permanent hair reduction, the Diode hair removal technology utilizes low heat levels and still ensures fast and effective treatments. The low heat that is used in this treatment actually ensures that there is hardly any pain. It also minimizes the risks of side effects and tissue damage to surrounding areas. With this treatment there is no scarring, blistering and peeling, some things that you may have heard horror stories about.
As the treatment does not involve excessive dermal heating, it does not require any topical numbing agents, cooling agents or anesthesia. The logic working behind this is to slowly and gradually heat the hair follicle to the point of proper damage rather than blasting it full force to burn it to the ground. The Diode method is not only safer but once again, it ensures that the whole process is virtually pain free.
The Diode hair removal handpiece has a large spot size of 12 x 10mm and it has a 10 Hz repetition rate. Both these factors ensure a really fast coverage rate, and as the Diode uses a sweeping application technique, it ensures that there are no skipped or missed spots. Furthermore, the ergonomic design of the handpiece helps you to treat just about any hairy location on your body, including all the difficult to reach spots such as the armpits.
We understand that anything that has to do with medical procedures and any concept that has so many horror stories attached to it is quite intimidating at first. Through the following frequently asked questions you can learn more about the treatment and alleviate any doubts that you may have regarding it.
Should I Shave My Hair Off Before the Treatment?
It is recommended that you shave off the area that is to be treated either a day before the treatment or just before your treatment is schedules. 24 hours after the treatment you can have off the area once again unless you have been specifically asked not to do so by your treatment provider.
Is Diode Pain Free Hair Free Really Safe?
Laser hair removal treatments are one of the most popular aesthetic procedures to be performed annually all around the world. The permanent hair removal industry is hence very well known and indeed very well researched. Diode Pain Free Hair Free treatment has been performed successfully on thousands of patients around the world it is known to be very safe and effective. Diode low heat setting and its patented IN motion technology ensures that your hair removal procedure is 100 percent safe.
How Many Treatment Sessions Will I Require?
For typical patients, about 4 to 6 treatment sessions are more than enough to achieve permanent hair reduction results. However, as the treatment results spend on several variables such as your hair density, skin color, hair color, etc. the provider may give you a better estimate of how many sessions you may require after a preliminary consultation. The treatment provider will also enlighten you about the possibility of requiring a touch up treatment after about 2 years after the main treatment.
How Do I Know that My Hair Won’t Grow Back?
It is important to know that the Diode technology ensures that actively growing hair do not grow back at all as the damaged hair follicle is rendered incapable of growing hair again. However, the hair that is not in the actively growing phase will need later sessions for treatment. As hormonal changes also impact hair growth, it is not unusual for patients to require a touch up treatment after about 2 years or so.
Why Does Laser Hair Removal Require 4 to 6 Sessions?
There are 3 stages to a typical hair growth cycle, namely the early hair growth phase or early anagen, the active hair growth phase or anagen, the regression stage or catagen and the resting stage or telogen. Laser hair removal treatments only target hair that is actively growing in the anagen stage. As any any given time, about 25 percent of you hair is in this stage and it is actively removed using this treatment, you will need at least 4 treatments to target all the hair in the entire treatment area. After about 4 to 6 treatment sessions, you are more or less sure that you will have a hair free area.
Do I Need To Take A Leave Off Work or School for the Treatments?
The best part about the ‘Pain Free Hair Free’ treatment is that it requires no downtime or no recuperating time. You can just schedule an appointment in your lunch hour and then get back to your office or school to resume normal activities immediately after a session.
How Can I Be Sure that The Treatment Really Won’t Hurt?
Most people who have already gone through a ‘Pain Free Hair Free’ treatment session will vouch for the fact that they were fairly comfortable during the treatment. In fact, unlike other hair removal methods, this method does not even require any numbing creams or anesthetics. Yet, we understand that pain in subjective and if you find that your session is not comfortable, just let your service provider know and he will adjust the settings to ensure that the treatment is pain free for you.
How Much The Entire Hair Removal Treatment Cost?
Unfortunately, there is no straightforward answer to this query as the costs per session vary not only according to the location but also according to the body part that is under treatment. However, when you consider the total costs of a lifetime of waxing, you find yourself making significant year on year savings with this treatment. You will need to talk to your service provider to get an idea of the going costs in your area.
- Cancer; in particularly, skin cancer
- Use of photosensitive medication and herbs for which 810nm light exposure is contra-indicated
- indicatedDiseases which may be stimulated by light at 810nm
- Prolonged exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the 3 to 4 weeks prior to treatment and post treatment
- Active infection of herpes simplex in the treatment area
- areaHistory of keloid scarring
- Diabetes (insulin dependent)
- Fragile and dry skin
- Hormonal disorders (that are stimulated under intense light)
- Use of anticoagulants
- History of coagulopathies
Adverse Effects of Treatment
The use of the Diode system is similar to the use of other light-based technologies. Historically, traditional systems have demonstrated the ability to cause a certain degree of controlled and uncontrolled tissue damage. In addition, there are the following risks:
- Severe or prolonged erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) within 2-24 hours of treatment that could last for several weeks.
- Irritation, itching, a mild burning sensation or pain (similar to sunburn) may occur within 48 hours of treatment at the application site.
- Blisters, epidermal erosions, or peri-lesional hyperpigmentation may develop and remain evident for several days to several weeks following treatment.
- Eye damage from reflected or prolonged unprotected exposure to intense light. Protective goggles (appropriate to the wavelength) must be worn during all treatments to prevent eye injury.
Potential Side Effects of Treatment
- Discomfort – when a pulse is triggered, some patients experience various degrees of discomfort. Some patients describe the sensation as stinging, while others liken it to a rubber band snap or a burning sensation that may last for up to one hour after treatment. Most patients tolerate the sensation during treatment, but some patients may require a topical anesthetic.
- Damage to Natural Skin Texture – in some cases, a crust or blister may form. Normal wound care should be followed.
- Change of Pigmentation – there may be a change of pigmentation in the treated area. Most cases of hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation occur in people with skin types IV to VI, or when the treated area has been exposed to sunlight within 3 weeks before or after treatment. In some patients, hyper-pigmentation occurs despite protection from the sun. This discoloration usually fades in three to six months, but in rare cases, (mainly hypo-pigmentation) the change of pigment may be permanent.
- Scarring – there is a chance of scarring; such as, enlarged hypertrophic or keloid scars. To reduce the chance of scarring, it is important to carefully follow all pre- and post-treatment instructions.
- Excessive Swelling – immediately after treatment, especially on the nose and cheeks, the skin may swell temporarily. Swelling usually subsides within hours, but may continue for up to seven days.
- Fragile Skin – the skin at or near the treatment site may become fragile. If this happens makeup should be avoided, and the area should not be rubbed (as this might tear the skin).
- Bruising – purpura, or bruising, may appear on the treated area which may last from a few hours to several days.