Autologous is a procedure in which an individual’s own body fat is used to plump up sunken or emaciated areas of the face as desired. This technique is also used in removing dark circles under the eyes and is a successful techniques. The word “autologous” means the use of one’s own tissues or fat.
Fat transfer has the major advantage of allowing the surgeon to be more creative and artistic. One can sculpt the region with feathering into adjacent areas without leaving a disproportionate appearance.
Autologous- fat transfer requires three steps:-
- Fat Removal–The fat transfer procedure begins with liposuction to remove some excess fat from the donor , which could be the abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs, etc. In order to collect as many undamaged fat cells as possible, only very low suction liposuction is used. These fat cells are removed from the donor site with a small-gauge hypodermic needle or a special cannula that designed to limit damage to the fat cells.
- Isolating Fat Cells– Once an adequate amount of fat has been collected, it is spun at a very high speed in a centrifuge to separate the fat cells from the liquid that is also removed by the liposuction. The damaged fat cells are removed. Only whole, undamaged and cleansed fat cells are used for the fat transfer.
- Re-Injection of the Fat– The fat transfer procedure is completed by injecting the fat cells into the target areas on the face. At this point, the surgeon will have already identified the area for each fat injection with the intent to correct imperfections or create new contour. Using a separate hypodermic syringe the surgeon will inject the fats at the depth needed to achieve the desire fat transfer results.
Recovery and Results of Autologous– Once your fat transfer is complete, you may have slight swelling or bruising from where the fat was removed. The swelling can be expected to go away in few days, and any discomfort you feel can be controlled with pain medications. As with all the medical procedures, one should follow all the postoperative instructions from the cosmetic surgeon.
A significant benefit of this treatment is that the results generally lasts much longer then the results of other dermal fillers.
Cosmetic Surgery is a unique discipline of medicine focused on enhancing appearance through surgical and medical techniques. Cosmetic Surgery can be performed on all areas of the head, neck, breast and body, to change your looks. If you have any birth-mark or other injury, you can change it through Cosmetic surgery.
The Modern world seems to come under two different groups, one of it is Physical beauty while the other part reflects on inner beauty like mind, body & Soul.
Surgery can change one’s direct positive self-confidence, which can be in terms of emotional and physically well being.
Surgery can change appearance of a person and reconstruct it in a better way.
There are many Cosmetic surgeries available in India,
1. Hair restoration is hair implants, hair flaps, and scalp reductions.
2. Rhinoplasty is nose job or nose reshaping.
3. Stalling of the aging process is face-lift, cosmetic eyelid surgery, brow lift, and sub-metal lipectomy for double chin.
4. Demabrasions is sanding of the face.
5. Abdominoplasty is tummy tuck.
6. Breast augmentation is breast enlargements.
7. Otoplasty for protruding ears, chin and cheek enlargement, lip reductions, various types of breast surgery and reconstruction and liposuction.
- Stem cell cure for diabetes: a reality? August 29, 2016
- Neck Lift Surgery August 17, 2015
- Face rejuvenation – Works miracles!! August 16, 2015
- Autologous- A treatment for dark circles under the eyes. July 30, 2015
- Cosmetic Surgery in India July 19, 2015